Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 (UK and European versions)
- 9.2 channels
- 9.1 channel processing
- 140 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven)
- 1080p Upscaling, 1080p Passthrough
- Ethernet, Bluetooth
- USB and Phono inputs
Disclosure: We earn money from the affiliate links to products associated with content in this article.
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 was introduced in 2011. It is equipped with 9 channel amplifier with 140 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven) power per channel and is capable of 9.1 maximum channel processing. It passes 1080/60p and upscales up to 1080p (HQV Vida VHD1900) video signal.
We evaluated the a/v receiver and gave 79 overall score out of 100. Our ranking system is based on the amplifier specifications, audio and video features, connectivity, multizone capabilities, radio and many other details.
Pros and Cons
In this section we present pros and cons of Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010.
|9.1 Channel Processing|
|DSD via HDMI|
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.|
|Analog To HDMI Upconversion|
|Many HDMI Inputs|
|Many RCA Line Inputs|
|Many Optical Inputs|
|Composite Video Inputs|
|Component Video Inputs|
|No Front Wide Channel Support|
|No Dolby Atmos|
|No Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|No IMAX Enhanced|
|No Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|No Dolby Vision|
|No 4K or 8K Video Passthrough|
|No 4K or 8K Video Upscaling|
|No Chromecast Built-In|
|Does not Work with Amazon Alexa|
|Few 8K Inputs|
Here we are comparing Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 to its predecessor RX-A2000 and displaying the major changes.
|UPGRADES||Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010||vs||Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000|
|More Channel Processing||9.1||vs||7.1|
|More Advanced Auto Speaker Calibration System||YPAO sound optimization (R.S.C. with Multipoint measurement)||vs||with RSC (Reflected Sound Control)|
|Analog Tuner||FM/AM with RDS||vs||FM/AM|
|Higher Power Output (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven, FTC)||140 W (0.06% THD)||vs||130 W (0.06% THD)|
|Higher Power Output (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel Driven, FTC)||155 W (0.9% THD)||vs||145 W (0.7% THD)|
|DOWNGRADES||Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010||vs||Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000|
|Shorter Warranty||3 years||vs||4 years|
|Lower FM S/N Ratio||Mono/Stereo: 72 dB/ 70 dB||vs||Mono/Stereo: 74 dB/ 70 dB|
|Higher FM Harmonic Distortion (IHF, 1 kHz)||Mono/Stereo: 0.3%/0.5%||vs||Mono/Stereo: 0.3%/0.3%|
For more detailed comparison between the models please visit Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 vs Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000.
9 channel Amplifier
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 features 9 channel power amplifier. It is rated at 140 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven) and is able to drive 4 ohm speakers.
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010's 9 channel amplifier can be assigned for different speaker configurations.
- Configurations: Available configurations are:
- 5.2, 7.2 with internal amplifier.
- 2-ch Bi-Amp: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 allows you to bi-amp up to 2 main channels simultaneously. During bi-amplification two amplifiers are used for one speaker. One amplifier powers the midrange and tweeter section of the speaker and another amplifier powers the low frequency woofers. Each amplifier is less loaded and performs better. In order to use this feature speakers must have 2 pairs of connectors.
- Adaptive DRC: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 features Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) which automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialog and vocals, and all sound effects at comfortable levels. There is no need to adjust the volume level as you listen; everything from whispers to big explosions will be heard clearly and comfortably at the same volume setting. It also tones down loud TV commercials, and is ideal for low-volume, late-night listening, when you do not want to disturb others.
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 comes with YPAO (R.S.C. with Multipoint measurement) room correction system and includes the calibration microphone.
- YPAO: The Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO) function detects speaker connections, measures the distances from them to your listening position(s), and then automatically optimizes the speaker settings, such as volume balance and acoustic parameters, to suit your room.
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 features 8 HDMI inputs. It has 2 outputs which work parallelly and output the same signal.
- 1080/60p Passthrough: All inputs pass up to 1080p video signal.
- 1080p Upscaling: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 can upscale up to 1080p (HQV Vida VHD1900) from HDMI and analog sources.
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion: The a/v receiver supports video upconversion, so you can connect your analog Component and S-Video and Composite video sources and Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 will output them via HDMI. This means that you will need only one HDMI cable to connect to your TV.
- 3D Ready: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 is able to pass 3D video through HDMI.
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 offers multi-zone playback which allows you to play different input sources in 3 different rooms.
- Powered Zone 2: You can use the unit's 2 amplifier channels by connecting Zone 2 speakers directly to the speaker terminals. The remaining 7 channels will be left for main zone amplification.
- Audio Pre Output: If you have a dedicated power amplifier for Zone 2 you can connect it to the a/v receiver via pre outs and control volume from the a/v receiver.
- Composite Video Output: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 has analog Composite Video output for Zone 2. This means that it can send a different video signal to the TV.
- S-Video Output: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 has S-Video output for Zone 2. S-Video connection provides higher image quality than the composite connection.
- Component Video Output: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 has analog Component Video output for Zone 2, so you can send a different video signal to the TV. Component video connection provides the higher image quality than the composite and S-Video connections.
- Powered Zone 3: You can use the unit's 2 amplifier channels by connecting Zone 3 speakers directly to the speaker terminals. The remaining 7 channels will be left for main zone amplification.
- Audio Pre Output: If you have a dedicated power amplifier for Zone 3 you can connect it to the a/v receiver via pre outs and control volume from the a/v receiver.
- Composite Video Output: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 has analog Composite Video output for Zone 3. This means that it can send a different video signal to the TV.
- S-Video Output: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 has S-Video output for Zone 3. S-Video connection provides higher image quality than the composite connection.
- Component Video Output: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 has analog Component Video output for Zone 3, so you can send a different video signal to the TV. Component video connection provides the higher image quality than the composite and S-Video connections.
Inputs and Outputs
- 7.1 Multichannel Input: In case you have a high quality Blu-Ray or a DVD player with multichannel analog outputs you may connect it to a 7.1 multichannel analog inputs of the a/v receiver and use high quality DACs of the player instead of the ones in the a/v receiver.
- Analog Pre-Outs: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 has 7.2 preamplifier outputs which allow you to connect the a/v receiver to the external power amplifier. You may want to use a high quality external amplifier for certain channels, usually for front L/R and center, and use the a/v receiver to power the rest.
- XLR Inputs: There is one pair of XLR inputs on this a/v receiver. If your CD player, Blu-Ray player or other source have XLR outputs you can connect them to the Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010's XLR Inputs for higher quality balanced connection.
- Analog Line Inputs and Outputs: There are 9 line inputs and 1 line output for analog audio connection.
- Digital Inputs and Outputs: 1 optical input, 4 optical outputs and 3 coaxial inputs are available for digital audio connection.
- Headphone Output: There is a 6.3 mm (1/4") headphone output jack on the front panel.
- Inputs: 8 (1 front) Outputs: 2
8K Inputs: 0
- Composite Video: Connect you VCR, Laserdisc player and other old video equipment with composite video cables.
- Inputs: 5 Outputs: 2
- Inputs: 5 Outputs: 2
- Component Video: Component video connection gives you the higher quality video compared to the composite video connection. So in case your old DVD player and other equipment do not have an HDMI output but have Component video output use this connection over the composite one. Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 supports up to 1080i resolution on Component video connectors.
- Inputs: 4 Outputs: 1
Here we list all the available features and specifications of Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010.
|Country||UK and Europe|
|Front Wide Channel Support|
|Continuous 6 Ω Rated|
|Certified 4 Ω Performance|
|DAC Specs||192 kHz/24 Bit|
|Maximum Channel Processing||9.1|
|Air Studios Monitor Certification|
|Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|Dolby Atmos Music|
|Dolby Digital Plus|
|Dolby Surround Upmixer|
|Dolby Pro Logic||PLIIx|
|Dolby Digital EX|
|DTS-HD Master Audio|
|DTS-HD High Resolution Audio|
|DTS-ES||Discrete 6.1, Matrix 6.1|
|Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|Music Playback via USB||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC|
|High Resolution Music Playback via USB and/or Network||up to 96 kHz|
|High Resolution Audio Formats via USB||WAV, FLAC|
|DSD via HDMI||2-ch/Multi-ch Input|
|DSD to PCM Converter|
|DTS Dialog Control|
|Dialog Level Adjustment|
|Compressed Music Enhancer|
|High-resolution Music Enhancer|
|Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)|
|Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting|
|Audyssey Dynamic EQ|
|Audyssey Dynamic Volume|
|Audyssey Sub EQ HT|
|Straight Decoding Mode|
|Pure Direct Mode|
|SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP|
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.||YPAO sound optimization (R.S.C. with Multipoint measurement)|
|PEQ for SUB||Down to 31 Hz|
|HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)|
|BT.2020 color space|
|QMS (Quick Media Switching)|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)|
|QFT (Quick Frame transport)|
|Video Signal Passthrough||up to 1080p|
|Video Signal Upscaling||up to 1080p (HQV Vida VHD1900)|
|Analog To HDMI Upconversion||Component****, S-Video, Composite|
|Component Video Upscaling|
|Analog to Analog Video conversion||(Component**, S-Video, Composite) to (Component, S-Video, Composite)|
|Component Video Maximum Resolution||1080i|
|Video Parameter Adjustments|
|isf Certified Calibration Control|
|Works with Amazon Alexa|
|Works with SONOS|
|Apple Product Connection||iPod and iPhone via front USB, YDS-12 Dock (sold separately) or YID-W100 Wireless Dock (sold separately)|
|InstaPrevue Input Source Prevue|
|Bluetooth||via optional YBA-10 adapter (sold separately)|
|HDMI Inputs||8 (1 front)|
|USB Input||iPod/iPhone, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player|
|USB DC Out Port|
|RCA Line Input||9 (1 front)|
|RCA Line Output||1|
|XLR Line Inputs|
|Optical Inputs||4 (1 front)|
|Composite Video Input||5 (1 front)|
|Composite Video Output||2|
|S-Video Input||5 (1 front)|
|Component Video Input||4|
|Component Video Output||1|
|Front A/V Inputs||HDMI, USB, Analog Audio, Optical, Composite and S-video|
|Headphone Out||6.3 mm (1/4")|
|Powered Zones||Zone 2/3|
|Zone 2 Outs||Component, S-Video, Composite, Pre Out|
|Zone 3 Outs||Component, S-Video, Composite, Pre Out|
|Zone B Video Output|
|+12V Trigger Output||2|
|Remote (IR) Input/Output||2 / 2|
|On-Screen Display||Advanced Graphical User Interface with Status|
|SCENE||SCENE PLUS (12 sets)|
|Web Browser Control|
|Remote Controller||[a] (Preset, Learning, Macro)|
|Detachable Power Cord|
|dockport||1 (for optional YDS-12, YID-W10 or YBA-10 adapter)|
|Analog Tuner||FM/AM with RDS|
|SiriusXM Internet Radio|
|Solid Aluminum Front||Aluminum|
|Large Speaker Terminals||11|
|Color-Coded Speaker Terminals|
|Gold plated RCA terminals|
|Power Supply||AC 230 V, 50 Hz|
|Power Consumption||490 W|
|Standby Power||0.3 W|
|Auto Power Standby|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||435 mm x 192 mm x 467 mm|
17-1/8" x 7-1/2" x 18-3/8"
|Weight||17.1 kg (37.7 lbs)|
|Power Output (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2||140 W (0.06% THD)|
|Power Output (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2||155 W (0.9% THD)|
|Rated Power Output (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 channel Driven)||175 W (0.9% THD)|
|Maximum Effective Output Power (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 channel Driven, JEITA)||220 W (10% THD)|
|Rated Power Output (4 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 channel Driven)||220 W (0.9% THD, Front)|
|Dynamic Power per Channel (2||405 W|
|Dynamic Power per Channel (4 Ω, Front)||285 W|
|Dynamic Power per Channel (6 Ω, Front)||210 W|
|Dynamic Power per Channel (8 Ω, Front)||165 W|
|THD||0.04% (MULTI CH INPUT to Speaker Out, Pure Direct, 70 W, 8 Ω)|
|THD (Phono)||0.02% (Phono to AV OUT)|
|Damping Factor||150 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 Ω)|
|Input Sensitivity and Impedance (Line)||200 mV/47 kΩ|
|Input Sensitivity and Impedance (Phono MM)||3.5 mV/47 kΩ|
|Maximum Input Sensitivity (Line)||2.4 V|
|Maximum Input Sensitivity (Phono)||60 mV|
|Rated Preout Level and Impedance||1.0 V/1.2 kΩ|
|Rated Lineout Level and Impedance||200 mV/1.2 kΩ (AV OUT)|
|Rated Headphone Jack Output Level and Impedance||150 mV/100 Ω|
|S/N Ratio (Line, IHF-A)||100 dB|
|S/N Ratio (Phono MM, IHF-A)||81 dB|
|Frequency Response (Analog In)||+0/-3 dB (10 Hz to 100 kHz)|
|Residual Noise (IHF-A Network)||150 µV (Front L/R Speaker Out)|
|Channel Separation at 1 kHz/10 kHz (LINE)||60 dB/45 dB|
|Channel Separation at 1 kHz/10 kHz (PHONO)||60 dB/55 dB|
|DSD Sampling Rates via HDMI||2.8 MHz|
|Video Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance||1 Vp-p/75 Ω (Component Y and S-Video Y)|
0.7 Vp-p/75 Ω (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
1 Vp-p/75 Ω (Composite)
0.3 Vp-p/75 Ω (S-Video C)
|Video Maximum Input||1.5 Vp-p|
|Video Frequency Response||5 Hz to 100 MHz, ±3 dB (Component)|
|Video S/N Ratio||60 dB|
|USB Terminal||USB2.0 5 V, 1 A|
|FM Frequency||87.50 MHz - 108.00 MHz|
|FM 50 dB Quiet Sensitivity (IHF, 1 kHz, 100% MOD.)||Mono: 3 µV (20.8 dBf)|
|FM S/N Ratio||Mono/Stereo: 72 dB/ 70 dB|
|FM Harmonic Distortion (IHF, 1 kHz)||Mono/Stereo: 0.3%/0.5%|
|AM Frequency||531 MHz - 1611 MHz|
* - 480i/576i and 480p/576p only
** - 480i/576i only
*** - no 1080p/24 upconversion
**** - 1080p signal is not converted
In 2012 Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 was replaced by RX-A2020. Let us now have a look at some important changes that the successor brought.
|UPGRADES||Yamaha Aventage RX-A2020||vs||Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010|
|Dialog Level Adjustment||vs|
|High-resolution Music Enhancer||vs|
|Video Signal Passthrough||up to 4K||vs||up to 1080p|
|Component Video Maximum Resolution||1080p||vs||1080i|
|Wi-Fi||via optional YWA-10 adapter (sold separately)||vs|
|USB DC Out Port||(USB DC output 5 V / 0.5 amp)||vs|
|Zone B Video Output||HDMI||vs|
|DOWNGRADES||Yamaha Aventage RX-A2020||vs||Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010|
|Bluetooth||vs||via optional YBA-10 adapter (sold separately)|
|Less S-Video Inputs||4||vs||5 (1 front)|
|Front A/V Inputs||HDMI, USB, analog audio, optical, composite||vs||HDMI, USB, Analog Audio, Optical, Composite and S-video|
|Zone 2 Outs||Component, Composite, Line Out||vs||Component, S-Video, Composite, Pre Out|
|Zone 3 Outs||Component, Composite, Line Out||vs||Component, S-Video, Composite, Pre Out|
|dockport||vs||1 (for optional YDS-12, YID-W10 or YBA-10 adapter)|
For more detailed comparison between the models please visit Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 vs Yamaha Aventage RX-A2020.