NAD T 758 V3i (North American version)
- 7.1 channels
- 7.1 channel processing
- 110 W (8 Ω, 1% THD, 2 channel driven)
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X capable
- HDR10, 4K Passthrough
- AirPlay 2
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- USB input
Disclosure: We earn money from the affiliate links to products associated with content in this article.
In The Box
- Quick Setup Guide
- BluOS Kit containing USB Hub
- Wi-Fi Dongle
- Bluetooth USB Micro Adapter and USB to USB Cable Extender
- AVR 4 remote control with 2 AA batteries
- BluOS-Ready Flyer/Bluesound player
- ZR 7 zone remote control with 3V CR2025 battery
- Measurement microphone with USB Mic adapter and phone jack adapter
- Detachable mains power cord
NAD T 758 V3i was introduced in 2020. It is equipped with 7 channel amplifier with 110 W (8 Ω, 1% THD, 2 channel driven) power per channel and is capable of 7.1 maximum channel processing. It supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, passes 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video signal.
We evaluated the a/v receiver and gave 82 overall score out of 100. Our ranking system is based on the amplifier specifications, audio and video features, connectivity, multizone capabilities, radio and many other details.
Pros and Cons
In this section we present pros and cons of NAD T 758 V3i.
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.|
|New HDCP Version|
|4K or 8K Video Passthrough|
|No Front Wide Channel Support|
|No Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|No IMAX Enhanced|
|No Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|No DSD via HDMI|
|No Dolby Vision|
|No 4K or 8K Video Upscaling|
|No Chromecast Built-In|
|Does not Work with Amazon Alexa|
|Few HDMI Inputs|
|Few HDMI Outputs|
|Few 8K Inputs|
|Few Optical Inputs|
|No Composite Video Inputs|
|No Analog Tuner|
7 channel NAD exclusive PowerDrive™ Amplifier
NAD T 758 V3i features 7 channel power amplifier. It is rated at 110 W (8 Ω, 1% THD, 2 channel driven).
NAD T 758 V3i's 7 channel amplifier can be assigned for different speaker configurations.
- Dolby Atmos Configurations: The following speaker configurations are supported for Dolby Atmos:
- 5.1.2 with internal amplifier.
- DTS:X Configurations: The speaker configurations for DTS:X are the same as for Dolby Atmos:
- 5.1.2 with internal amplifier.
- Configurations without height channels: There are also other speaker configurations available which do not include height channels:
- 5.1, 7.1 with internal amplifier.
- 2-ch Bi-Amp: NAD T 758 V3i allows you to bi-amp up to 2 main channels simultaneously. During bi-amplification two amplifiers are used for one speaker. One amplifier powers the midrange and tweeter section of the speaker and another amplifier powers the low frequency woofers. Each amplifier is less loaded and performs better. In order to use this feature speakers must have 2 pairs of connectors.
NAD T 758 V3i supports Dolby Atmos. It is a cinematic audio format in which sounds exist as individual entities, called audio objects. In Dolby Atmos, any sound can exist as an independent audio object, free of channel restrictions. They can be precisely placed and moved anywhere in your room, including overhead, to flow above and around you in three-dimensional space. Through the use of audio objects, overhead sound, and all the richness, clarity, and power of Dolby sound, Dolby Atmos turns your room into an amazing place for entertainment. The format supports up to 128 simultaneous independent audio objects in a mix for rich, realistic, and breathtaking sound. It recreates the director's original concept through descriptive metadata to provide customized playback for home theater and delivers sounds above you through overhead speakers, special upward-firing Dolby Atmos speakers, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar.
- Dolby Surround Upmixer: If the content is not mixed in Dolby Atmos then the Dolby surround upmixer will expand the audio to all channels including ceiling speakers. The upmixer has replaced the Dolby Pro Logic II family with improved upmixing algorithms.
NAD T 758 V3i supports DTS:X. A technique used in DTS:X is similar to the one used in Dolby Atmos. Instead of a fixed number of channels, DTS:X defines object locations from the listener in polar coordinates. An a/v receiver then dynamically renders sound according to the current speaker configuration. The speaker layout employed by DTS:X is the sum of Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D. It has standard 7.1 channel base layer, a 5 channel height layer above the base layer on the front and side walls, and 3 rows of speakers on the ceiling.
- DTS Neural:X: DTS Neural:X is an advanced upmixer that can take non DTS:X content and upmix it to the DTS:X speaker layout. It has replaced the DTS Neo family with improved flexibility.
- DTS Dialog Control: This function adjusts the dialog levels during playback of the DTS:X stream. It allows you to separately increase the dialog levels in contrast with the background sound and hear dialog easily even under noisy circumstances.
NAD T 758 V3i comes with Dirac Live™ room correction system and includes the calibration microphone.
- Dirac Live: The interaction between your sound system and the physical layout of your room has a huge impact on sound quality. Dirac Live™ Room Correction applies state-of-the-art, patented algorithms to analyze and digitally reduce room impact and enhance speaker performance. Dirac Live delivers a larger sweet spot, accurate staging, clarity, voice intelligibility, and a deeper, tighter bass not otherwise possible. Fully tunable to your preference.
NAD T 758 V3i features 3 HDMI inputs. It has 1 output.
- 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz Passthrough: All inputs pass up to 4K 50/60Hz 4:4:4 video signal.
- HDCP 2.2 Copy Protection: All inputs and outputs are HDCP 2.2 compliant which is a requirement for 4K/HDR copy-protected content transmission.
- 3D Ready: NAD T 758 V3i is able to pass 3D video through HDMI.
NAD T 758 V3i supports HDR (high dynamic range) video formats such as HDR10. High dynamic range video has greater dynamic range than standard dynamic range (SDR) video with brighter whites and deeper blacks. The result is greater contrast and more details in dark and bright areas, better color and depth.
- HDR10: HDR10 uses the wide-gamut Rec. 2020 color space. It sends static metadata via video stream to the TV which calibrates its screen brightness and color according to that. HDR10 supports 10-bit color which corresponds to 1024 shades of the primary RGB colors. It is technically limited to a maximum of 10,000 nits peak brightness, however common HDR10 contents are mastered with peak brightness from 1,000 to 4,000 nits.
NAD T 758 V3i offers multi-zone playback which allows you to play different input sources in 2 different rooms.
- Powered Zone 2: You can use the unit's 2 amplifier channels by connecting Zone 2 speakers directly to the speaker terminals. The remaining 5 channels will be left for main zone amplification.
- Audio Pre Output: If you have a dedicated power amplifier for Zone 2 you can connect it to the a/v receiver via pre outs and control volume from the a/v receiver.
Inputs and Outputs
- Analog Pre-Outs: NAD T 758 V3i has 11.1 preamplifier outputs which allow you to connect the a/v receiver to the external power amplifier. You may want to use a high quality external amplifier for certain channels, usually for front L/R and center, and use the a/v receiver to power the rest.
- Analog Line Inputs: There are 4 line inputs for analog audio connection.
- Digital Inputs and Outputs: 0 optical input, 2 optical outputs and 2 coaxial inputs are available for digital audio connection.
- Headphone Output: There is a 6.3 mm (1/4") headphone output jack on the front panel.
- Inputs: 3 Outputs: 1
8K Inputs: 0
Here we list all the available features and specifications of NAD T 758 V3i.
|Model||T 758 V3i|
|Front Wide Channel Support|
|Amplifier||NAD exclusive PowerDrive™ amplifier|
|Continuous 6 Ω Rated|
|Maximum Channel Processing||7.1|
|Air Studios Monitor Certification|
|Dolby Atmos||up to 5.1.2|
|Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|Dolby Atmos Music|
|Dolby Digital Plus|
|Dolby Surround Upmixer|
|Dolby Pro Logic|
|DTS:X||up to 5.1.2|
|DTS-HD Master Audio|
|DTS-HD High Resolution Audio|
|Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|Music Playback via USB||MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WMA-L, MQA, WAV, AIFF|
|High Resolution Music Playback via USB and/or Network||up to 192 kHz|
|High Resolution Audio Formats via USB||FLAC, WAV, AIFF|
|DSD via HDMI|
|DSD via USB|
|DTS Dialog Control|
|Dialog Level Adjustment|
|Audyssey Dynamic EQ|
|Audyssey Dynamic Volume|
|Audyssey Sub EQ HT|
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.||Dirac Live™|
|QMS (Quick Media Switching)|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)|
|QFT (Quick Frame transport)|
|DSC (Display Stream Compression)|
|Video Signal Passthrough||up to 4K 50/60Hz 4:4:4|
|Video Signal Upscaling|
|isf Certified Calibration Control|
|Works with Amazon Alexa|
|Works with SONOS|
|Apple Product Connection||iPod, iPhone and iPad|
|Remote App||free BluOS controller app for iOS and Android devices|
|Bluetooth||via USB micro adapter|
|USB Input||1 (Rear)|
|RCA Line Input||4 (1 front)|
|RCA Line Output|
|XLR Line Inputs|
|Composite Video Input|
|Composite Video Output|
|Component Video Input|
|Component Video Output|
|Front A/V Inputs||RCA Audio|
|Headphone Out||6.3 mm (1/4")|
|Zone 2 Outs||Pre Out|
|+12V Trigger Output||1|
|Remote (IR) Input/Output||1 / 2|
|Remote Controller||ZR 7|
|Detachable Power Cord|
|Internet Radio||TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Calm Radio, Radio Paradise, Slacker Radio|
|SiriusXM Internet Radio|
|Advanced Direct Construction||Modular Design|
|Large Speaker Terminals||7|
|Power Supply||AC 120 V, 60 Hz, 5 A|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||435 mm x 172 mm x 397 mm|
17-1/8" x 6-13/16" x 15-11/16"
|Weight||15.4 kg (33.9 lbs)|
|Weight of Package||18.0 kg (39.6 lbs)|
|Power Output (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2||110 W (1% THD)|
|Multi Channel Simultaneous Drive (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 1.0%)||7 x 60 W (0.05% THD, 20 - 20 kHz)|
|Dynamic Power per Channel (4 Ω, Front)||243 W|
|Dynamic Power per Channel (8 Ω, Front)||137 W|
|THD||0.08% (20 Hz-20 kHz, rated power)|
0.006% at 2 Vout
|Damping Factor||300 (8 Ω)|
|Input Sensitivity and Impedance (Line)||750 mV/50 kΩ|
|S/N Ratio (Line, IHF-A)||100 dB (ref. rated power at 8 Ω, A-WTD)|
|S/N Ratio (Line, EIA, at 1 W (1 kHz))||90 dB (ref. 1 W at 8 Ω, A-WTD)|
|Frequency Response (Analog In)||±0.8 dB (ref. 1 kHz, 20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
* - 480i/576i and 480p/576p only
** - 480i/576i only
*** - no 1080p/24 upconversion
**** - 1080p signal is not converted