Anthem MRX 1140 8K
Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES
- 11.2 channels
- 15.2 channel processing
- 140 W (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel driven)
- HDMI 2.1
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro capable
- HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 8K Passthrough
- AirPlay 2, Chromecast
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- USB and Phono inputs
- 11.2 channels
- 11.2 channel processing
- 120 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven)
- HDMI 2.1
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X capable
- HDR10, Dolby Vision, 8K Upscaling, 8K Passthrough
- AirPlay 2, DLNA, Chromecast
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- USB input
Disclosure: We earn money from the affiliate links to products associated with content in this article.
Here we are comparing Anthem MRX 1140 8K to Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES to reveal their common strengths and weaknesses as well as the differences between them which will help you in making a correct decision before the purchase. Both receivers have 11 channel amplifiers with Anthem MRX 1140 8K's being more powerful.
|Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
Anthem MRX 1140 8K was introduced in 2021 and represents a current flagship model of a manufacturer. It is equipped with 11 channel amplifier with 140 W (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel driven) power per channel and is capable of 15.2 maximum channel processing. It supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, passes 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video signal.
Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES was introduced in 2023. It is equipped with 11 channel amplifier with 120 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven) power per channel and is capable of 11.2 maximum channel processing. It supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, passes 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz and upscales up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4 video signal.
We evaluated the a/v receiver and gave 91 overall score out of 100. Our ranking system is based on the amplifier specifications, audio and video features, connectivity, multizone capabilities, radio and many other details.
We evaluated the a/v receiver and gave 92 overall score out of 100. Our ranking system is based on the amplifier specifications, audio and video features, connectivity, multizone capabilities, radio and many other details.
Advantage of Anthem MRX 1140 8K
This section shows those features and specifications which are the reason to choose Anthem MRX 1140 8K over Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES.
Anthem MRX 1140 8K has more power per channel, higher DAC specs, more channel processing, more analog pre-outs and bigger power supply. It supports front wide channels. It has phono input.
|Anthem MRX 1140 8K||vs||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Front Wide Channel Support||vs|
|Higher DAC Specs||768 kHz/32 Bit||vs||192 kHz/32 Bit|
|More Channel Processing||15.2||vs||11.2|
|AirPlay||AirPlay 2||vs||AirPlay 2|
|More HDMI Outputs||3 (2 for MAIN, 1 for ZONE2)||vs||2 (1 Main, 1 Sub/Zone2)|
|More 8K Inputs||7||vs||4|
|More Analog Audio Line Outputs||1||vs|
|More Optical Inputs||3||vs||2|
|More Optical Outputs||1||vs|
|More Coaxial Inputs/Outputs||2||vs||1|
|More Analog Pre-Outs||15.2||vs||11.2|
|Headphone Out||6.3 mm (1/4")||vs|
|Zone 2 Outs||HDMI, Pre Out||vs||HDMI, Composite video, Pre Out|
|Bigger Power Supply||570 W||vs||500 W|
|Higher Power Output (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel Driven, FTC)||140 W (1% THD) on Channels 1-5, 60 W (1% THD) on Remaining Channels||vs||130 W (0.9% THD)|
Advantage of Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES
This section shows those features and specifications which are the reason to choose Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES over Anthem MRX 1140 8K.
Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES has more zones. It supports DSD streaming via HDMI and USB, SONOS, Pandora, Tidal and Deezer.
|Anthem MRX 1140 8K||vs||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization||vs|
|DSD via HDMI||vs||2-ch/Multi-ch Input|
|DSD via USB||vs||2-ch Input|
|Works with SONOS||vs|
|USB Input||for factory service||vs||1 Front for USB memory|
|More Composite Video Inputs||vs||2|
|More Composite Video Outputs||vs||1|
|Front A/V Inputs||vs||HDMI, USB|
|More Powered Zones||vs||2 and 3|
|Remote (IR) Input/Output||1 / 0||vs||1 / 2|
Common Strengths and Weaknesses
Here we list common strengths and weaknesses of both receivers.
|15 and 11 Channel Processing|
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.|
|New HDCP Version|
|Auto Low Latency Mode Pass-through|
|4K or 8K Video Passthrough|
|Many HDMI Inputs|
|Many 8K Inputs|
|No Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|Does not Work with Amazon Alexa|
|Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
11 channel Class A/B Amplifier: Anthem MRX 1140 8K features 11 channel power amplifier with Class A/B design on Channels 1-5 and Class D design on the rest. It is rated at 140 W (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel driven) and is able to drive 4 ohm speakers.
11 channel Amplifier: Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES features 11 channel power amplifier. It is rated at 120 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven) and is able to drive 4 ohm speakers.
- Toroidal Transformer: Anthem MRX 1140 8K has a toroidal transformer which in general costs several times more than a regular C-core transformer and radiates less electromagnetic noise outside its donut shaped core.
Anthem MRX 1140 8K's and Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES's amplifiers can be assigned for different speaker configurations.
- Dolby Atmos Configurations: The following speaker configurations are supported for Dolby Atmos:
- Anthem MRX 1140 8K: 5.2.2, 5.2.4, 5.2.6, 7.2.2, 7.2.4, 9.2.2 with internal amplifier and 7.2.6, 9.2.4 with addition of external 2 channel amplifier and 9.2.6 with addition of external 4 channel amplifier.
- Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES: 5.2.2, 5.2.4, 7.2.2, 7.2.4 with internal amplifier.
- DTS:X Configurations: The following speaker configurations are supported for DTS:X:
- Anthem MRX 1140 8K: This model supports DTS:X but not DTS:X Pro. Since DTS:X is limited with 11 channel processing some of the speaker configurations for Dolby Atmos are not supported here. The supported configurations are 5.2.2, 5.2.4, 5.2.6, 7.2.2, 7.2.4, 9.2.2 with internal amplifier.
- Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES: The speaker configurations for DTS:X are the same as for Dolby Atmos - 5.2.2, 5.2.4, 7.2.2, 7.2.4 with internal amplifier.
- Configurations without height channels: There are also other speaker configurations available which do not include height channels:
- Anthem MRX 1140 8K: 5.2, 7.2, 9.2 with internal amplifier.
- Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES: 5.2, 7.2 with internal amplifier.
- Front Wide Channel support: With the presence of two front wide speakers you can enhance the front surround stage. The following speaker configurations are available for front wide channels:
- Anthem MRX 1140 8K: 9.2, 9.2.2, 9.2.4, 9.2.6.
- Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES: Does not support.
- Bi-Amp: You can bi-amp Anthem MRX 1140 8K's and Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES's front left and right speakers. During bi-amplification two amplifiers are used for one speaker. One amplifier powers the midrange and tweeter section of the speaker and another amplifier powers the low frequency woofers. Each amplifier is less loaded and performs better. In order to use this feature speakers must have 2 pairs of connectors.
Anthem MRX 1140 8K and Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES support Dolby Atmos. It is a cinematic audio format in which sounds exist as individual entities, called audio objects. In Dolby Atmos, any sound can exist as an independent audio object, free of channel restrictions. They can be precisely placed and moved anywhere in your room, including overhead, to flow above and around you in three-dimensional space. Through the use of audio objects, overhead sound, and all the richness, clarity, and power of Dolby sound, Dolby Atmos turns your room into an amazing place for entertainment. The format supports up to 128 simultaneous independent audio objects in a mix for rich, realistic, and breathtaking sound. It recreates the director's original concept through descriptive metadata to provide customized playback for home theater and delivers sounds above you through overhead speakers, special upward-firing Dolby Atmos speakers, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar.
- Dolby Surround Upmixer: Both models support Dolby Surround Upmixer. If the content is not mixed in Dolby Atmos then the Dolby surround upmixer will expand the audio to all channels including ceiling speakers. The upmixer has replaced the Dolby Pro Logic II family with improved upmixing algorithms.
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization: Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES supports Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization which is a digital signal processing solution that leverages Dolby's deep understanding of human audio perception to create the sensation of overhead sound from the listener-level speakers.
Anthem MRX 1140 8K and Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES support DTS:X. A technique used in DTS:X is similar to the one used in Dolby Atmos. Instead of a fixed number of channels, DTS:X defines object locations from the listener in polar coordinates. An a/v receiver then dynamically renders sound according to the current speaker configuration. The speaker layout employed by DTS:X is the sum of Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D. It has standard 7.1 channel base layer, a 5 channel height layer above the base layer on the front and side walls, and 3 rows of speakers on the ceiling.
- DTS Neural:X: Both models feature DTS Neural:X which is an advanced upmixer that can take non DTS:X content and upmix it to the DTS:X speaker layout. It has replaced the DTS Neo family with improved flexibility.
- DTS Virtual:X: Both models feature DTS Virtual:X which bridges the gap between DTS:X codec and the reality of so many consumers' homes, allowing you to enjoy multi-dimensional sound regardless of room size, layout, or speaker configuration. If you have a limited speaker setup you will miss a full immersive potential of your entertainment system. DTS Virtual:X adds height and surround audio effect to your system without adding height speakers. It works with multiple configurations and delivers immersive sound experience out of 5.1 or even 2.1 speaker layouts.
- DTS Dialog Control: Anthem MRX 1140 8K supports DTS Dialog Control. This function adjusts the dialog levels during playback of the DTS:X stream. It allows you to separately increase the dialog levels in contrast with the background sound and hear dialog easily even under noisy circumstances.
Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
Anthem MRX 1140 8K and Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES support Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature allows the compatible TV to send audio signal to the a/v receiver through the same HDMI cable which is used to send audio and video signals to the TV. So one HDMI cable is used to transfer audio signal in both directions. New Enhanced ARC will support uncompressed audio formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio whereas the previous ARC could support only Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
Anthem MRX 1140 8K comes with Anthem Room Correction (ARC Genesis) and Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES comes with D.C.A.C. IX room correction system.
Anthem MRX 1140 8K comes with 7 HDMI 2.1 inputs with 8K support. It has 3 outputs - 2 for MAIN and 1 for ZONE2.
Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES comes with 4 HDMI 2.1 inputs with 8K support and 3 inputs with 4K support. It has 2 outputs - 1 Main and 1 Sub/Zone2.
- 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz Passthrough on Anthem MRX 1140 8K: All inputs pass up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4 video signal.
8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz Passthrough on Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES: 4 out of 7 inputs pass up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4 and the rest of the inputs pass up to 4K 50/60Hz 4:4:4 video signal.
- 8K Upscaling on Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES: It can upscale up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4 from HDMI and analog sources.
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion: Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES supports analog to HDMI Upconversion, so you can input your analog video sources and output them digitally via HDMI. This means that you will need only one HDMI cable to connect to your TV.
- BT.2020 Color Space: BT.2020 or Rec. 2020 is a color standard which delivers a wider color gamut compared to Rec. 709. It covers approximately 75% of the total visual spectrum while the Rec. 709 covers only 35% (available on both models).
- HDCP 2.3 Copy Protection: Both receivers are HDCP 2.3 compliant which is a requirement for 4K/HDR copy-protected content transmission.
- 3D Ready: Both receivers are able to pass 3D video through HDMI.
HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Anthem MRX 1140 8K supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma.
Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES supports HDR10, Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma.
High dynamic range video has greater dynamic range than standard dynamic range (SDR) video with brighter whites and deeper blacks. The result is greater contrast and more details in dark and bright areas, better color and depth.
- HDR10: HDR10 uses the wide-gamut Rec. 2020 color space. It sends static metadata via video stream to the TV which calibrates its screen brightness and color according to that. HDR10 supports 10-bit color which corresponds to 1024 shades of the primary RGB colors. It is technically limited to a maximum of 10,000 nits peak brightness, however common HDR10 contents are mastered with peak brightness from 1,000 to 4,000 nits.
- HDR10+: HDR10+ is an HDR video technology that adds dynamic metadata to HDR10 source files. The dynamic metadata are used to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. HDR10+ supports maximum of 10,000 nits peak brightness and 10-bit or more (up to 16-bit) color bit depth. It uses Samsung's dynamic metadata defined in SMPTE ST 2094-40.
- Dolby Vision: Dolby Vision is a set of technologies developed by Dolby Laboratories for high dynamic range (HDR) video. It covers content creation, distribution, and playback. Like HDR10+, it includes dynamic metadata that are used to adjust and optimize each frame of the HDR video to the consumer display's capabilities in a way specified by the content creator. Dolby Vision allows for a maximum resolution of 8K up to 12-bit color depth, maximum peak brightness of 10,000 nits and a color gamut up to Rec. 2020. It uses Dolby's proprietary dynamic metadata defined in SMPTE ST 2094-10.
- Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG): The Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) is a transfer function developed mainly for HDR live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It is an HDR format that uses BT.2020 color primaries and a bitdepth of 10-bit. It is backward compatible with the transfer function of SDR and is designed to be better-suited for television broadcasting, where the metadata required for other HDR formats is not backward compatible with non-HDR displays. HLG defines a non-linear optical-electro transfer function, in which the lower half of the signal values use a gamma curve and the upper half of the signal values use a logarithmic curve.
Anthem MRX 1140 8K and Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES are IMAX Enhanced certified. To qualify for IMAX Enhanced certification, 4K HDR televisions, projectors, sound bars, a/v receivers, loudspeakers, powered subwoofers and other premium home entertainment devices must meet carefully prescribed performance requirements established by IMAX, DTS and Hollywood's leading experts.
- What makes an IMAX Enhanced A/V receiver different from an A/V receiver with DTS:X technology? DTS:X technology is commonly found in most multi-channel A/V receivers on the market today. All IMAX Enhanced A/V receivers include DTS:X technology and deliver additional features, such as auto-sensing of IMAX Enhanced content, via IMAX Mode. IMAX Mode indicates that your A/V receiver supports fully immersive IMAX signature sound.
- IMAX Enhanced Content: IMAX Enhanced studio partners have announced IMAX Enhanced versions of movies that exclusively feature IMAX's signature picture, sound and scale.
- Picture: Stunning, ultra-vivid 4K HDR picture that utilizes the newest, proprietary Digital Media Remastering technology (DMR) developed by IMAX. DMR accurately reduces noise and grain under the filmmaker’s guidance to best optimize the content for a much higher-quality, higher-brightness display. Without this technology, high-dynamic range content can actually look worse than what was originally seen and intended by the filmmaker.
- Sound: IMAX and DTS have partnered with award-winning Hollywood sound mixers leveraging DTS:X codec technology integrated in home audio equipment and select televisions to deliver an IMAX signature sound experience with deeper bass and more dynamic range.
- Scale: Select IMAX Enhanced titles that were shot with IMAX-certified cameras or specially formatted for IMAX theatres feature its exclusive expanded aspect ratio, enabling viewers to see the full scale and scope of the picture on 4K HDR TVs.
- Streaming Services: IMAX Enhanced is now available on the world’s biggest streaming services, including Disney+, BRAVIA CORE, Tencent, iQiyi and more.
Anthem MRX 1140 8K supports Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES supports Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) for lag-free and smooth gaming.
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Auto Low Latency Mode enables the ideal latency setting to automatically be set allowing for smooth, lag-free and uninterrupted viewing and interactivity. When the receiver detects a gaming signal it will enter ALLM. The signal will also be sent to the TV causing it to automatically switch to a low-latency, low-lag mode for gaming. Some functions will not be available on the receiver and TV during ALLM.
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR): VRR enables a gaming source such as a console or computer to deliver video frames as fast as it can, which in many cases is slower than the normal static refresh rate. It allows the TV to adapt to certain frame rate which reduces or eliminates lag, judder and frame tearing for more fluid and better detailed gameplay.
- Quick Frame Transport (QFT): QFT reduces latency for smoother no-lag gaming, and real-time interactive virtual reality. It transports each frame at a higher rate to decrease display latency, which is the amount of time between a frame being ready for transport in the GPU and that frame being completely displayed.
Inputs and Outputs
- Phono Input: There is an MM phono input on Anthem MRX 1140 8K with built-in phono stage for connecting the moving magnet cartridge output of the turntable directly to the receiver.
- Analog Pre-Outs: Anthem MRX 1140 8K has 15.2 and Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES has 11.2 preamplifier outputs which allow you to connect the receivers to the external power amplifiers. You may want to use a high quality external amplifier for certain channels, usually for front L/R and center, and use the receiver to power the rest. Also, Anthem MRX 1140 8K has 15 channel processing but has only 11 channel amplifier, so it needs external amplifier connected to the analog pre-outs in order to reach its maximum speaker configuration.
- Analog Line Inputs and Outputs: There are 4 pair of line inputs on both receivers for connecting sources with analog outputs. There is also 1 pair of line outputs on Anthem MRX 1140 8K.
- Digital Inputs and Outputs: 3 optical inputs, 1 optical output and 2 coaxial inputs are available on Anthem MRX 1140 8K and 2 optical inputs and 1 coaxial input are available on Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES for digital audio connections.
- Headphone Output: There is a 6.3 mm (1/4") output jack on Anthem MRX 1140 8K for headphones.
- Anthem MRX 1140 8K
Inputs: 7 Outputs: 3 (2 for MAIN, 1 for ZONE2)
8K Inputs: 7.
- Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES
Inputs: 7 (1 front) Outputs: 2 (1 Main, 1 Sub/Zone2)
8K Inputs: 4.
- Composite Video: Connect you VCR, Laserdisc player and other old video equipment with composite video cables.
- Anthem MRX 1140 8K
Inputs: 0 Outputs: 0.
- Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES
Inputs: 2 Outputs: 1.
Front A/V Inputs
- Anthem MRX 1140 8K: None
- Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES: HDMI, USB
Anthem MRX 1140 8K
Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES
And in the end let us list all the available specifications of the receivers side-by-side.
|BASICS||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Model||MRX 1140 8K||STR-AZ5000ES|
|Type||A/V Receiver||A/V Receiver|
|AMPLIFIER||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Front Wide Channel Support|
|Amplifier||Class A/B on Channels 1-5 and Class D on the rest|
|Continuous 6 Ω Rated|
|Certified 4 Ω Performance|
|AUDIO||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engine||Next-Generation DSP Platform|
|DAC Specs||768 kHz/32 Bit||192 kHz/32 Bit|
|Maximum Channel Processing||15.2||11.2|
|Air Studios Monitor Certification|
|Dolby Atmos||up to 9.1.6 with external amp||up to 7.1.4|
|Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|Dolby Atmos Music|
|Dolby Digital Plus|
|Dolby Surround Upmixer|
|Dolby Pro Logic|
|Dolby Digital EX|
|DTS:X||Pro up to 9.1.6 with external amp||up to 7.1.4|
|DTS-HD Master Audio|
|DTS-HD High Resolution Audio|
|DTS-ES||Discrete 6.1, Matrix 6.1||Discrete 6.1, Matrix 6.1|
|Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|PCM||2-ch/Multi-ch Input||2-ch/Multi-ch Input|
|Music Playback via USB||FLAC, AIFF, WAV, DSD, ALAC, MP3, WMA, AAC|
|High Resolution Music Playback via USB and/or Network||192 kHz/24 bit|
|High Resolution Audio Formats via USB||FLAC, AIFF, WAV, DSD, ALAC|
|DSD via HDMI||2-ch/Multi-ch Input|
|DSD via USB||2-ch Input|
|DSD to PCM Converter|
|DTS Dialog Control|
|Dialogue Lift||Center Speaker Lift Up|
|In-Ceiling Speaker Mode|
|Tone Control||All Channels|
|High-resolution Music Enhancer||DSEE Ultimate|
|Audyssey Dynamic EQ|
|Audyssey Dynamic Volume|
|Audyssey Sub EQ HT|
|Pure Direct Mode|
|Independent Subwoofer Outputs|
|CALIBRATION||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.||Anthem Room Correction (ARC Genesis)||D.C.A.C. IX|
|Automatic Phase Matching|
|VIDEO||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)|
|BT.2020 color space|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)|
|QFT (Quick Frame transport)|
|Video Signal Passthrough||up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4||up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4|
|Video Signal Upscaling||up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4|
|Analog To HDMI Upconversion||Composite|
|isf Certified Calibration Control|
|CONNECTIVITY||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Remote Monitoring with ihiji|
|Works with Amazon Alexa|
|Works with SONOS|
|AirPlay||AirPlay 2||AirPlay 2|
|Apple Product Connection||iPod, iPhone and iPad|
|Remote App||Anthem Remote App|
|Bluetooth||SBC, AAC, LDAC|
|Bluetooth Headphone Transmission|
|HDMI Inputs||7||7 (1 front)|
|HDMI Outputs||3 (2 for MAIN, 1 for ZONE2)||2 (1 Main, 1 Sub/Zone2)|
|USB Input||for factory service||1 Front for USB memory|
|USB DC Out Port|
|Analog Audio Line Input||4||4|
|Analog Audio Line Output||1|
|Composite Video Input||2|
|Composite Video Output||1|
|Component Video Input|
|Component Video Output|
|Front A/V Inputs||HDMI, USB|
|Headphone Out||6.3 mm (1/4")|
|ZONES||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Powered Zones||2 and 3|
|Zone 2 Outs||HDMI, Pre Out||HDMI, Composite video, Pre Out|
|Zone 3 Outs||Pre/Line Out|
|+12V Trigger Output||3||3|
|Remote (IR) Input/Output||1 / 0||1 / 2|
|MISC||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|On-Screen Display||Graphical User Interface|
|IP Control for CI|
|Detachable Power Cord|
|RADIO||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Internet Radio||TuneIn & iHeart Radio|
|SiriusXM Internet Radio|
|CONSTRUCTION||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Large Speaker Terminals||11||11|
|Color-Coded Speaker Terminals|
|Gold plated RCA terminals|
|POWER||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Power Supply||AC 120 V, 60 Hz||AC 120 V, 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||570 W||500 W|
|Standby Power||0.3 W||0.5 W|
|GENERAL||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||431.8 mm x 152.4 mm x 364 mm|
17" x 6" x 14-1/2" x
|430 mm x 194 mm x 440 mm|
17" x 7-3/4" x 17-3/8"
|Weight||15.2 kg (33.6 lbs)||19.2 kg (42 lb 6 oz)|
|SPECS||Anthem MRX 1140 8K||Sony ES STR-AZ5000ES|
|Power Output (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2||120 W (0.09% THD)|
|Power Output (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2||140 W (1% THD) on Channels 1-5, 60 W (1% THD) on Remaining Channels||130 W (0.9% THD)|
|Power Output (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 2||170 W (1% THD) on Channels 1-5, 75 W (1% THD) on Remaining Channels|
|Maximum Preout Level and Impedance||5.2 VRMS, 7.1 VRMS|
|Rated Headphone Jack Output Level and Impedance||32 Ω - 600 Ω|
|S/N Ratio (Line, IHF-A)||110 dB|
|Frequency Response (Analog In)||20 Hz - 30 kHz +/-0.2 dB||10 Hz - 100 kHz, ±3 dB (with sound field, equalizer and 360SSM bypassed)|
|DSD Sampling Rates via HDMI||2.8 MHz|
|DSD Sampling Rates via USB||2.8 MHz, 5.6 MHz|
|Video Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance||1 Vp-p/75 Ω (Composite)|
|Wi-Fi Standard||IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Wi-Fi Terminal Frequency||5 GHz, 2.4 GHz|
|Bluetooth Frequency||2.4 GHz|
|USB Terminal||Type A, Ver. 2.0, 5 V, 1 A|
|FM Frequency||87.5 MHz - 108.0 MHz|
* - 480i/576i and 480p/576p only
** - 480i/576i only
*** - no 1080p/24 upconversion
**** - 1080p signal is not converted