Denon AVR-X2100W (USA version)
- 7.2 channels
- 7.1 channel processing
- 95 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven)
- 4K Upscaling, 4K Passthrough
- AirPlay, DLNA
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- USB input
Disclosure: We earn money from the affiliate links to products associated with content in this article.
Denon AVR-X2100W was introduced in 2014. It is equipped with 7 channel amplifier with 95 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven) power per channel and is capable of 7.1 maximum channel processing. It passes 4K/60Hz and upscales up to 4K 24/25/30p 4:4:4 video signal.
We evaluated the a/v receiver and gave 78 overall score out of 100. Our ranking system is based on the amplifier specifications, audio and video features, connectivity, multizone capabilities, radio and many other details.
Pros and Cons
In this section we present pros and cons of Denon AVR-X2100W.
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.|
|New HDCP Version|
|Auto Low Latency Mode Pass-through|
|4K or 8K Video Passthrough|
|4K or 8K Signal Upscaling|
|Analog To HDMI Upconversion|
|Many HDMI Inputs|
|Composite Video Inputs|
|Component Video Inputs|
|No Front Wide Channel Support|
|No Dolby Atmos|
|No Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|No IMAX Enhanced|
|No Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|No DSD via HDMI|
|No Dolby Vision|
|No Chromecast Built-In|
|Does not Work with Amazon Alexa|
|Few 8K Inputs|
|Few Optical Inputs|
|No RCA Pre-Outs|
|Old Bluetooth Version|
7 channel Amplifier
Denon AVR-X2100W features 7 channel power amplifier. It is rated at 95 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven) and is able to drive 4 ohm speakers.
Denon AVR-X2100W's 7 channel amplifier can be assigned for different speaker configurations.
- Configurations: Available configurations are:
- 5.2, 7.2 with internal amplifier.
- 2-ch Bi-Amp: Denon AVR-X2100W allows you to bi-amp up to 2 main channels simultaneously. During bi-amplification two amplifiers are used for one speaker. One amplifier powers the midrange and tweeter section of the speaker and another amplifier powers the low frequency woofers. Each amplifier is less loaded and performs better. In order to use this feature speakers must have 2 pairs of connectors.
- Audyssey: Denon AVR-X2100W comes with Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume.
- Dynamic EQ: selects the best possible frequency response and surround volume levels moment-by-moment. This ensures that the bass response, tonal balance and surround impression remain constant despite changes in volume. This is the first technology that carefully combines information from incoming source levels with actual output sound levels in the room, a pre-requisite for delivering a dynamic volume solution.
- Dynamic Volume: Your Listening experience can be greatly diminished when there are significant shifts in volume between television programs, commercials and within the program material itself. When this happens you must constantly adjust the volume to maintain your desired listening level. Audyssey Dynamic Volume monitors the volume of program material moment-by-moment and automatically adjusts it, maintaining the desired listening level for all content while optimizing the dynamic range to preserve impact.
Denon AVR-X2100W comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT room correction system and includes the calibration microphone.
- Audyssey Room Calibration: Audyssey is an acoustic measurement technology which automatically restores the acoustic distortion caused by the acoustic behaviour of a room with only a push on a button. Audyssey equalization provides an clear, accurate, natural sound with voices and dialog that become focused and intelligible, restoring the musical balance. Musical instruments and sound effects become precisely localized and the surround soundstage is made seamless and enveloping.
Denon AVR-X2100W features 8 HDMI inputs. It has 2 outputs which work parallelly and output the same signal.
- 4K/60Hz Passthrough: All inputs pass up to 4K 50/60Hz 4:4:4 video signal.
- 4K Upscaling: Denon AVR-X2100W can upscale up to 4K 24/25/30p 4:4:4 from HDMI and analog sources.
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion: The a/v receiver supports video upconversion, so you can connect your analog Component and Composite video sources and Denon AVR-X2100W will output them via HDMI. This means that you will need only one HDMI cable to connect to your TV.
- HDCP 2.2 Copy Protection: All inputs and outputs are HDCP 2.2 compliant which is a requirement for 4K/HDR copy-protected content transmission.
- 3D Ready: Denon AVR-X2100W is able to pass 3D video through HDMI.
Denon AVR-X2100W supports Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) for lag-free and smooth gaming.
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Auto Low Latency Mode enables the ideal latency setting to automatically be set allowing for smooth, lag-free and uninterrupted viewing and interactivity. When the receiver detects a gaming signal it will enter ALLM. The signal will also be sent to the TV causing it to automatically switch to a low-latency, low-lag mode for gaming. Some functions will not be available on the receiver and TV during ALLM.
Denon AVR-X2100W offers multi-zone playback which allows you to play different input sources in 2 different rooms.
- Powered Zone 2: You can use the unit's 2 amplifier channels by connecting Zone 2 speakers directly to the speaker terminals. The remaining 5 channels will be left for main zone amplification.
- Audio Pre Output: If you have a dedicated power amplifier for Zone 2 you can connect it to the a/v receiver via pre outs and control volume from the a/v receiver.
Inputs and Outputs
- Analog Line Inputs: There are 4 line inputs for analog audio connection.
- Digital Inputs and Outputs: 0 optical input, 2 optical outputs and 1 coaxial input are available for digital audio connection.
- Headphone Output: There is a 6.3 mm (1/4") headphone output jack on the front panel.
- Inputs: 8 (1 front) Outputs: 2 (simultaneous)
8K Inputs: 0
- Composite Video: Connect you VCR, Laserdisc player and other old video equipment with composite video cables.
- Inputs: 2 Outputs: 0
- Component Video: Component video connection gives you the higher quality video compared to the composite video connection. So in case your old DVD player and other equipment do not have an HDMI output but have Component video output use this connection over the composite one. Denon AVR-X2100W supports up to 1080p resolution on Component video connectors.
- Inputs: 2 Outputs: 1
Here we list all the available features and specifications of Denon AVR-X2100W.
|Front Wide Channel Support|
|Continuous 6 Ω Rated|
|Certified 4 Ω Performance|
|Mono Block Power Amplifier Construction|
|Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engine||multiple Texas Instruments/ Aureus DSP processors|
|DAC Specs||192 kHz/24 Bit|
|Maximum Channel Processing||7.1|
|D.D.S.C. HD Digital|
|Air Studios Monitor Certification|
|Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|Dolby Atmos Music|
|Dolby Digital Plus|
|Dolby Surround Upmixer|
|Dolby Pro Logic||PLIIz|
|Dolby Digital EX|
|DTS-HD Master Audio|
|DTS-HD High Resolution Audio|
|DTS-ES||Discrete 6.1, Matrix 6.1|
|Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|Music Playback via USB||MP3, WMA, AAC, Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD|
|High Resolution Music Playback via USB and/or Network||up to 192 kHz|
|High Resolution Audio Formats via USB||Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD|
|DSD via HDMI|
|DSD via USB||2-ch Input|
|DSD to PCM Converter|
|DTS Dialog Control|
|Dialog Level Adjustment|
|Compressed Music Enhancer|
|High-resolution Music Enhancer|
|Audyssey Dynamic EQ|
|Audyssey Dynamic Volume|
|Audyssey Sub EQ HT|
|Pure Direct Mode|
|Independent Subwoofer Outputs|
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.||Audyssey MultEQ XT|
|Audyssey App Support|
|Optimized Bass Redirection|
|HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)|
|BT.2020 color space|
|QMS (Quick Media Switching)|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)|
|QFT (Quick Frame transport)|
|Video Signal Passthrough||up to 4K 50/60Hz 4:4:4|
|Video Signal Upscaling||up to 4K 24/25/30p 4:4:4|
|Analog To HDMI Upconversion||Component, Composite|
|Component Video Upscaling|
|Analog to Analog Video conversion|
|Component Video Maximum Resolution||1080p|
|isf Certified Calibration Control|
|Works with Amazon Alexa|
|Works with SONOS|
|Apple Product Connection||iPod, iPhone and iPad|
|Remote App||Denon Remote App for iOS and Android devices|
|InstaPrevue Input Source Prevue|
|Bluetooth Headphone Transmission|
|HDMI Inputs||8 (1 front)|
|HDMI Outputs||2 (simultaneous)|
|USB Input||1 (Front) for iPod/iPhone and USB memory|
|USB DC Out Port|
|RCA Line Input||4|
|RCA Line Output|
|XLR Line Inputs|
|Composite Video Input||2|
|Composite Video Output|
|Component Video Input||2|
|Component Video Output||1|
|Front A/V Inputs||HDMI, USB|
|Headphone Out||6.3 mm (1/4")|
|Zone 2 Outs||Pre Out|
|+12V Trigger Output|
|Remote (IR) Input/Output||1 / 1|
|On-Screen Display||Advanced Graphic User Interface|
|Pre-programmed / Learnable / LCD Display||/ /|
|Detachable Power Cord|
|Denon Link HD|
|Quick Select plus / Quick Select||/|
|SiriusXM Internet Radio|
|Front Panel||Brushed hairline metalized finish|
|Large Speaker Terminals||7|
|Color-Coded Speaker Terminals|
|Transparent High-Grade Speaker Terminals|
|High Grade Audio Components|
|Gold plated RCA terminals|
|Power Supply||AC 120 V, 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||500 W|
|No Sound Power||ECO On/Off: 35 W/75 W|
|Standby Power||0.1 W|
|ECO Mode / Hybrid Standby Function|
|Auto Power off|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||434 mm x 167 mm x 339 mm (with antenna: 434 mm x 235 mm x 339 mm)|
17-3/32" x 6-37/64" x 13-11/32" (with antenna up: 17-3/32" x 9-1/4" x 13-11/32")
|Weight||9.7 kg (21 lbs 6 oz)|
|Power Output (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2||95 W (0.08% THD)|
|Power Output (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 2||125 W (0.7% THD)|
|Maximum Effective Power Output (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 channel driven, JEITA)||185 W (10% THD)|
|Rated Power Output (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 channel driven, IEC)||150 W (1% THD)|
|Input Sensitivity and Impedance (Line)||200 mV/47 kΩ|
|S/N Ratio (Line, IHF-A)||100 dB|
|Frequency Response (Analog In)||+1/-3 dB (10 Hz to 100 kHz, Direct mode)|
|DSD Sampling Rates via USB||2.8 MHz|
|Video Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance||1 Vp-p/75 Ω (Component Y)|
0.7 Vp-p/75 Ω (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
|Video Frequency Response||5 Hz to 60 MHz, 0 dB/-3 dB (Component)|
|Wi-Fi Terminal Frequency||2.4 GHz|
|Bluetooth Version||2․1 + EDR|
|Bluetooth Frequency||2.4 GHz|
|USB Terminal||USB2.0 5V, 1 A|
|FM Frequency||87.5 MHz - 107.9 MHz|
|FM 50 dB Quiet Sensitivity (IHF, 1 kHz, 100% MOD.)||Mono: 2.8 µV (20.2 dBf)|
|FM Effective Sensitivity||1.2 µV (12.8 dBf)|
|FM S/N Ratio||Mono/Stereo: 70 dB/67 dB|
|FM Harmonic Distortion (IHF, 1 kHz)||Mono/Stereo: 0.7%/1.0%|
|AM Frequency||520 kHz - 1710 kHz|
|AM Effective Sensitivity||18 µV|
* - 480i/576i and 480p/576p only
** - 480i/576i only
*** - no 1080p/24 upconversion
**** - 1080p signal is not converted
In 2015 Denon AVR-X2100W was replaced by AVR-X2200W. Let us now have a look at some important changes that the successor brought.
|UPGRADES||Denon AVR-X2200W||vs||Denon AVR-X2100W|
|Dolby Surround Upmixer||vs|
|DTS Dialog Control||vs|
|BT.2020 color space||vs|
|DOWNGRADES||Denon AVR-X2200W||vs||Denon AVR-X2100W|
|Dolby Pro Logic||vs||PLIIz|
For more detailed comparison between the models please visit Denon AVR-X2100W vs Denon AVR-X2200W.