Anthem MRX 740 8K
Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES
- 7.2 channels
- 11.1 channel processing
- 140 W (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel driven)
- HDMI 2.1
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X capable
- HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 8K Passthrough
- AirPlay 2, Chromecast
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- USB and Phono inputs
- 7.2 channels
- 9ch + Phantom 2ch channel processing
- 80 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven)
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X capable
- HDR10, Dolby Vision, 4K Upscaling, 4K Passthrough
- USB input
Disclosure: We earn money from the affiliate links to products associated with content in this article.
Here we are comparing Anthem MRX 740 8K to Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES to reveal their common strengths and weaknesses as well as the differences between them which will help you in making a correct decision before the purchase. Both receivers have 7 channel amplifiers with Anthem MRX 740 8K's being more powerful.
Advantage of Anthem MRX 740 8K
This section shows those features and specifications which are the reason to choose Anthem MRX 740 8K over Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES.
Anthem MRX 740 8K has more power per channel, more channel processing, bigger power supply and higher signal to noise ratio. It supports IMAX Enhanced and Spotify. It has DTS Dialog Control and XLR inputs. In video department only Anthem MRX 740 8K supports HDCP 2.3 copy protection.
|Anthem MRX 740 8K||vs||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Certified 4 Ω Performance||vs|
|More Channel Processing||11.1||vs||9ch + Phantom 2ch|
|DTS Dialog Control||vs|
|Newer HDCP Version||2.3||vs||2.2|
|Auto Low Latency Mode Pass-through||vs|
|Video Signal Passthrough||up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4||vs||up to 4K/60p (YCbCr4:4:4)|
|More HDMI Inputs||7||vs||6 (1 front)|
|More HDMI Outputs||3 (2 for MAIN, 1 for ZONE2)||vs||2 (1 Main, 1 Sub/Zone2)|
|More 8K Inputs||7||vs|
|More RCA Line Outputs||1||vs|
|XLR Line Inputs||vs|
|More Optical Inputs||3||vs||2|
|More Optical Outputs||1||vs|
|More Coaxial Inputs/Outputs||2||vs||1|
|More RCA Pre-Outs||11.2||vs||9.2|
|Headphone Out||6.3 mm (1/4")||vs|
|Zone 2 Outs||HDMI, Pre Out||vs||HDMI, Composite Video, RCA Pre/Line Out|
|Bigger Power Supply||485 W||vs||290 W|
|Higher Power Output (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel Driven, FTC)||140 W (1% THD) on Channels 1-5, 60 W (1% THD) on Remaining Channels||vs||110 W (0.9% THD)|
|Higher Power Output (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel driven, FTC)||170 W (1% THD) on Channels 1-5, 75 W (1% THD) on Remaining Channels||vs||120 W (0.9% THD)|
|Higher S/N Ratio (Line, IHF-A)||110 dB||vs||105 dB (20 kHz LPF, 500 mV)|
Advantage of Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES
This section shows those features and specifications which are the reason to choose Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES over Anthem MRX 740 8K.
Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES has more zones. It supports DSD streaming via HDMI.
|Anthem MRX 740 8K||vs||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|DSD via HDMI||vs||2-ch/Multi-ch Input|
|Ethernet Switch||vs||8-Port Gigabit|
|USB Input||for factory service||vs||1 (Front) for update and setting|
|More Composite Video Inputs||vs||2|
|More Composite Video Outputs||vs||1|
|More Component Video Inputs||vs||2|
|Front A/V Inputs||vs||HDMI, USB|
|More Powered Zones||vs||2|
|Remote (IR) Input/Output||1 / 0||vs||1 / 2|
Common Strengths and Weaknesses
Here we list common strengths and weaknesses of both receivers.
|11 and 10 Channel Processing|
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.|
|New HDCP Version|
|4K or 8K Video Passthrough|
|No Front Wide Channel Support|
|No Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|No Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|Does not Work with Amazon Alexa|
|Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
7 channel Class A/B Amplifier: Anthem MRX 740 8K features 7 channel power amplifier with Class A/B design on Channels 1-5 and Class D design on the rest. It is rated at 140 W (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2 channel driven) and is able to drive 4 ohm speakers.
7 channel Amplifier: Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES features 7 channel power amplifier. It is rated at 80 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channel driven).
Anthem MRX 740 8K's and Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES's amplifiers can be assigned for different speaker configurations.
- Dolby Atmos Configurations: The following speaker configurations are supported for Dolby Atmos:
- Anthem MRX 740 8K: 5.2.2 with internal amplifier and 5.2.4, 7.2.2 with addition of external 2 channel amplifier and 7.2.4 with addition of external 4 channel amplifier.
- Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES: 5.2.2 with internal amplifier and 5.2.4, 7.2.2 with addition of external 2 channel amplifier.
- DTS:X Configurations: The following speaker configurations are supported for DTS:X:
- Anthem MRX 740 8K: The speaker configurations for DTS:X are the same as for Dolby Atmos - 5.2.2 with internal amplifier and 5.2.4, 7.2.2 with addition of external 2 channel amplifier and 7.2.4 with addition of external 4 channel amplifier.
- Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES: The speaker configurations for DTS:X are the same as for Dolby Atmos - 5.2.2 with internal amplifier and 5.2.4, 7.2.2 with addition of external 2 channel amplifier.
- Configurations without height channels: There are also other speaker configurations available which do not include height channels:
- Anthem MRX 740 8K: 5.2, 7.2 with internal amplifier.
- Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES: 5.2, 7.2 with internal amplifier.
- 2-ch Bi-Amp: Both models are able to bi-amp up to 2 main channels simultaneously. During bi-amplification two amplifiers are used for one speaker. One amplifier powers the midrange and tweeter section of the speaker and another amplifier powers the low frequency woofers. Each amplifier is less loaded and performs better. In order to use this feature speakers must have 2 pairs of connectors.
- Dolby Surround Upmixer: Both models support Dolby Surround Upmixer. If the content is not mixed in Dolby Atmos then the Dolby surround upmixer will expand the audio to all channels including ceiling speakers. The upmixer has replaced the Dolby Pro Logic II family with improved upmixing algorithms.
- DTS Neural:X: Both models feature DTS Neural:X which is an advanced upmixer that can take non DTS:X content and upmix it to the DTS:X speaker layout. It has replaced the DTS Neo family with improved flexibility.
- DTS Virtual:X: Anthem MRX 740 8K supports DTS Virtual:X which bridges the gap between DTS:X codec and the reality of so many consumers' homes, allowing you to enjoy multi-dimensional sound regardless of room size, layout, or speaker configuration. If you have a limited speaker setup you will miss a full immersive potential of your entertainment system. DTS Virtual:X adds height and surround audio effect to your system without adding height speakers. It works with multiple configurations and delivers immersive sound experience out of 5.1 or even 2.1 speaker layouts.
- DTS Dialog Control: Anthem MRX 740 8K supports DTS Dialog Control. This function adjusts the dialog levels during playback of the DTS:X stream. It allows you to separately increase the dialog levels in contrast with the background sound and hear dialog easily even under noisy circumstances.
- Digital Legato Linear: Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES features Digital Legato Linear (D.L.L.) to play audio signals with high-quality sound. The D.L.L. function is a technology developed by Sony that allows low-quality digital and analog audio signals to be played with high-quality sound. This function is available for Linear PCM signals, as well as lossy compression audio formats and analog audio signals. It works when [2ch Stereo], [Direct], [A.F.D.] or [Multi Stereo] is selected.
Anthem MRX 740 8K and Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES support Dolby Atmos. It is a cinematic audio format in which sounds exist as individual entities, called audio objects. In Dolby Atmos, any sound can exist as an independent audio object, free of channel restrictions. They can be precisely placed and moved anywhere in your room, including overhead, to flow above and around you in three-dimensional space. Through the use of audio objects, overhead sound, and all the richness, clarity, and power of Dolby sound, Dolby Atmos turns your room into an amazing place for entertainment. The format supports up to 128 simultaneous independent audio objects in a mix for rich, realistic, and breathtaking sound. It recreates the director's original concept through descriptive metadata to provide customized playback for home theater and delivers sounds above you through overhead speakers, special upward-firing Dolby Atmos speakers, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar.
Anthem MRX 740 8K and Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES support DTS:X. A technique used in DTS:X is similar to the one used in Dolby Atmos. Instead of a fixed number of channels, DTS:X defines object locations from the listener in polar coordinates. An a/v receiver then dynamically renders sound according to the current speaker configuration. The speaker layout employed by DTS:X is the sum of Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D. It has standard 7.1 channel base layer, a 5 channel height layer above the base layer on the front and side walls, and 3 rows of speakers on the ceiling.
Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
Anthem MRX 740 8K and Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES support Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature allows the compatible TV to send audio signal to the a/v receiver through the same HDMI cable which is used to send audio and video signals to the TV. So one HDMI cable is used to transfer audio signal in both directions. New Enhanced ARC will support uncompressed audio formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio whereas the previous ARC could support only Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
Anthem MRX 740 8K comes with Anthem Room Correction (ARC Genesis) and Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES comes with D.C.A.C. EX room correction system.
Anthem MRX 740 8K comes with 7 HDMI 2.1 inputs with 8K support. It has 3 outputs - 2 for MAIN and 1 for ZONE2.
Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES comes with 6 HDMI inputs. It has 2 outputs - 1 Main and 1 Sub/Zone2.
- 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz Passthrough on Anthem MRX 740 8K: All inputs pass up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4 video signal.
4K/60Hz Passthrough on Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES: All inputs pass up to 4K/60p (YCbCr4:4:4) video signal.
- 4K Upscaling on Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES: It can upscale up to 4K/60p from HDMI and analog sources.
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion: Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES supports analog to HDMI Upconversion, so you can input your analog video sources and output them digitally via HDMI. This means that you will need only one HDMI cable to connect to your TV.
- BT.2020 Color Space: BT.2020 or Rec. 2020 is a color standard which delivers a wider color gamut compared to Rec. 709. It covers approximately 75% of the total visual spectrum while the Rec. 709 covers only 35% (available on both models).
- HDCP Copy Protection: Anthem MRX 740 8K is HDCP 2.3 and Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES is HDCP 2.2 compliant which is a requirement for 4K/HDR copy-protected content transmission.
- 3D Ready: Both receivers are able to pass 3D video through HDMI.
HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Anthem MRX 740 8K supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma.
Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES supports HDR10, Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma.
High dynamic range video has greater dynamic range than standard dynamic range (SDR) video with brighter whites and deeper blacks. The result is greater contrast and more details in dark and bright areas, better color and depth.
- HDR10: HDR10 uses the wide-gamut Rec. 2020 color space. It sends static metadata via video stream to the TV which calibrates its screen brightness and color according to that. HDR10 supports 10-bit color which corresponds to 1024 shades of the primary RGB colors. It is technically limited to a maximum of 10,000 nits peak brightness, however common HDR10 contents are mastered with peak brightness from 1,000 to 4,000 nits.
- HDR10+: HDR10+ is an HDR video technology that adds dynamic metadata to HDR10 source files. The dynamic metadata are used to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. HDR10+ supports maximum of 10,000 nits peak brightness and 10-bit or more (up to 16-bit) color bit depth. It uses Samsung's dynamic metadata defined in SMPTE ST 2094-40.
- Dolby Vision: Dolby Vision is a set of technologies developed by Dolby Laboratories for high dynamic range (HDR) video. It covers content creation, distribution, and playback. Like HDR10+, it includes dynamic metadata that are used to adjust and optimize each frame of the HDR video to the consumer display's capabilities in a way specified by the content creator. Dolby Vision allows for a maximum resolution of 8K up to 12-bit color depth, maximum peak brightness of 10,000 nits and a color gamut up to Rec. 2020. It uses Dolby's proprietary dynamic metadata defined in SMPTE ST 2094-10.
- Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG): The Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) is a transfer function developed mainly for HDR live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It is an HDR format that uses BT.2020 color primaries and a bitdepth of 10-bit. It is backward compatible with the transfer function of SDR and is designed to be better-suited for television broadcasting, where the metadata required for other HDR formats is not backward compatible with non-HDR displays. HLG defines a non-linear optical-electro transfer function, in which the lower half of the signal values use a gamma curve and the upper half of the signal values use a logarithmic curve.
Anthem MRX 740 8K is IMAX Enhanced certified. To qualify for IMAX Enhanced certification, 4K HDR televisions, projectors, sound bars, a/v receivers, loudspeakers, powered subwoofers and other premium home entertainment devices must meet carefully prescribed performance requirements established by IMAX, DTS and Hollywood's leading experts.
- What makes an IMAX Enhanced A/V receiver different from an A/V receiver with DTS:X technology? DTS:X technology is commonly found in most multi-channel A/V receivers on the market today. All IMAX Enhanced A/V receivers include DTS:X technology and deliver additional features, such as auto-sensing of IMAX Enhanced content, via IMAX Mode. IMAX Mode indicates that your A/V receiver supports fully immersive IMAX signature sound.
- IMAX Enhanced Content: IMAX Enhanced studio partners have announced IMAX Enhanced versions of movies that exclusively feature IMAX's signature picture, sound and scale.
- Picture: Stunning, ultra-vivid 4K HDR picture that utilizes the newest, proprietary Digital Media Remastering technology (DMR) developed by IMAX. DMR accurately reduces noise and grain under the filmmaker’s guidance to best optimize the content for a much higher-quality, higher-brightness display. Without this technology, high-dynamic range content can actually look worse than what was originally seen and intended by the filmmaker.
- Sound: IMAX and DTS have partnered with award-winning Hollywood sound mixers leveraging DTS:X codec technology integrated in home audio equipment and select televisions to deliver an IMAX signature sound experience with deeper bass and more dynamic range.
- Scale: Select IMAX Enhanced titles that were shot with IMAX-certified cameras or specially formatted for IMAX theatres feature its exclusive expanded aspect ratio, enabling viewers to see the full scale and scope of the picture on 4K HDR TVs.
- Streaming Services: IMAX Enhanced is now available on the world’s biggest streaming services, including Disney+, BRAVIA CORE, Tencent, iQiyi and more.
Anthem MRX 740 8K supports Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) for lag-free and smooth gaming.
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Auto Low Latency Mode enables the ideal latency setting to automatically be set allowing for smooth, lag-free and uninterrupted viewing and interactivity. When the receiver detects a gaming signal it will enter ALLM. The signal will also be sent to the TV causing it to automatically switch to a low-latency, low-lag mode for gaming. Some functions will not be available on the receiver and TV during ALLM.
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR): VRR enables a gaming source such as a console or computer to deliver video frames as fast as it can, which in many cases is slower than the normal static refresh rate. It allows the TV to adapt to certain frame rate which reduces or eliminates lag, judder and frame tearing for more fluid and better detailed gameplay.
- Quick Frame Transport (QFT): QFT reduces latency for smoother no-lag gaming, and real-time interactive virtual reality. It transports each frame at a higher rate to decrease display latency, which is the amount of time between a frame being ready for transport in the GPU and that frame being completely displayed.
Inputs and Outputs
- Analog Pre-Outs: Anthem MRX 740 8K has 11.2 and Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES has 9.2 preamplifier outputs which allow you to connect the receivers to the external power amplifiers. You may want to use a high quality external amplifier for certain channels, usually for front L/R and center, and use the receiver to power the rest. Also, Anthem MRX 740 8K has 11 channel processing but has only 7 channel amplifier and Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES has 10 channel processing but has only 7 channel amplifier, so they need external amplifiers connected to their analog pre-outs in order to reach their maximum speaker configurations.
- XLR Inputs: There is one pair of XLR inputs on Anthem MRX 740 8K. If your CD player, Blu-Ray player or other source have XLR outputs you can connect them to the receiver's XLR Inputs for higher quality balanced connection.
- Analog Line Inputs and Outputs: There are 4 pair of line inputs on both receivers for connecting sources with analog outputs. There is also 1 pair of line outputs on Anthem MRX 740 8K.
- Digital Inputs and Outputs: 1 optical input, 3 optical outputs and 2 coaxial inputs are available on Anthem MRX 740 8K and 0 optical input, 2 optical outputs and 1 coaxial input are available on Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES for digital audio connections.
- Headphone Output: There is a 6.3 mm (1/4") output jack on Anthem MRX 740 8K for headphones.
- Anthem MRX 740 8K
Inputs: 7 Outputs: 3 (2 for MAIN, 1 for ZONE2)
8K Inputs: 7.
- Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES
Inputs: 6 (1 front) Outputs: 2 (1 Main, 1 Sub/Zone2)
8K Inputs: 0.
- Composite Video: Connect you VCR, Laserdisc player and other old video equipment with composite video cables.
- Anthem MRX 740 8K
Inputs: 0 Outputs: 0.
- Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES
Inputs: 2 Outputs: 1.
- Component Video: Component video connection gives you the higher quality video compared to the composite video connection. So in case your old DVD player and other equipment do not have an HDMI output but have Component video output use this connection over the composite one. resolution on Component video connectors. resolution on Component video connectors.
- Anthem MRX 740 8K
Inputs: 0 Outputs: 0.
- Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES
Inputs: 2 Outputs: 0.
Front A/V Inputs
- Anthem MRX 740 8K: None
- Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES: HDMI, USB
Anthem MRX 740 8K
Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES
And in the end let us list all the available specifications of the receivers side-by-side.
|BASICS||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Model||MRX 740 8K||STR-ZA3100ES|
|Type||A/V Receiver||A/V Receiver|
|AMPLIFIER||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Front Wide Channel Support|
|Amplifier||Class A/B on Channels 1-5 and Class D on the rest|
|Continuous 6 Ω Rated|
|Certified 4 Ω Performance|
|AUDIO||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engine||Next-Generation DSP Platform|
|DAC Specs||768 kHz/32 Bit|
|Maximum Channel Processing||11.1||9ch + Phantom 2ch|
|Air Studios Monitor Certification|
|Dolby Atmos||up to 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 plus 2 phantom rear surround channels|
|Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization|
|Dolby Atmos Music|
|Dolby Digital Plus|
|Dolby Surround Upmixer|
|Dolby Pro Logic|
|Dolby Digital EX|
|DTS:X||up to 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 plus 2 phantom rear surround channels|
|DTS-HD Master Audio|
|DTS-HD High Resolution Audio|
|DTS-ES||Discrete 6.1, Matrix 6.1|
|Auro 3D with Auro-Matic Upmixer|
|PCM||2-ch/Multi-ch Input||2-ch/Multi-ch Input|
|Music Playback via USB|
|DSD via HDMI||2-ch/Multi-ch Input|
|DSD via USB|
|DSD to PCM Converter|
|DTS Dialog Control|
|Dialogue Lift||Center Speaker Lift Up|
|Digital Legato Linear|
|In-Ceiling Speaker Mode|
|Tone Control||All Channels|
|Audyssey Dynamic EQ|
|Audyssey Dynamic Volume|
|Audyssey Sub EQ HT|
|Pure Direct Mode|
|Independent Subwoofer Outputs|
|CALIBRATION||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Auto Speaker Calibration System with Mic.||Anthem Room Correction (ARC Genesis)||D.C.A.C. EX|
|EQ for D.C.A.C.||31 band EQ|
|Automatic Phase Matching|
|VIDEO||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)|
|BT.2020 color space|
|QMS (Quick Media Switching)|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)|
|QFT (Quick Frame transport)|
|Video Signal Passthrough||up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4||up to 4K/60p (YCbCr4:4:4)|
|Video Signal Upscaling||up to 4K/60p|
|Analog To HDMI Upconversion||Component, Composite|
|isf Certified Calibration Control|
|CONNECTIVITY||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Remote Monitoring with ihiji|
|Works with Amazon Alexa|
|Works with SONOS|
|Apple Product Connection||iPod, iPhone and iPad|
|Remote App||Anthem Remote App|
|InstaPrevue Input Source Prevue|
|Ethernet Switch||8-Port Gigabit|
|HDMI Inputs||7||6 (1 front)|
|HDMI Outputs||3 (2 for MAIN, 1 for ZONE2)||2 (1 Main, 1 Sub/Zone2)|
|USB Input||for factory service||1 (Front) for update and setting|
|USB DC Out Port|
|RCA Line Input||4||4|
|RCA Line Output||1|
|XLR Line Inputs|
|Composite Video Input||2|
|Composite Video Output||1|
|Component Video Input||2|
|Component Video Output|
|Front A/V Inputs||HDMI, USB|
|Headphone Out||6.3 mm (1/4")|
|ZONES||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Zone 2 Outs||HDMI, Pre Out||HDMI, Composite Video, RCA Pre/Line Out|
|Zone 3 Outs||RCA Pre/Line Out|
|Zone GUI||for Zone 2|
|+12V Trigger Output||3||3 (80 mA)|
|Remote (IR) Input/Output||1 / 0||1 / 2|
|MISC||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|On-Screen Display||Graphical User Interface|
|IP Control for CI|
|Detachable Power Cord|
|RADIO||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|SiriusXM Internet Radio|
|CONSTRUCTION||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Large Speaker Terminals||7||7|
|Color-Coded Speaker Terminals|
|Gold plated RCA terminals|
|POWER||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Power Supply||AC 120 V, 60 Hz||AC 120 V, 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||485 W||290 W|
|Standby Power||0.3 W||0.3 W|
|GENERAL||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||431.8 mm x 152.4 mm x 364 mm|
17" x 6" x 14-1/2" x
|430 mm x 174 mm x 410 mm|
17" x 6-7/8" x 16-1/4"
|Weight||15.1 kg (33.2 lbs)||13.1 kg (28 lbs. 15 oz.)|
|SPECS||Anthem MRX 740 8K||Sony ES STR-ZA3100ES|
|Power Output (8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2||80 W (0.09% THD)|
|Power Output (8 Ω, 1 kHz, 2||140 W (1% THD) on Channels 1-5, 60 W (1% THD) on Remaining Channels||110 W (0.9% THD)|
|Power Output (6 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2||100 W (0.09% THD)|
|Power Output (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 2||170 W (1% THD) on Channels 1-5, 75 W (1% THD) on Remaining Channels||120 W (0.9% THD)|
|Power Output (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 channel driven, FTC)||150 W (0.9% THD)|
|Input Sensitivity and Impedance (Line)||150 mV/50 kΩ|
|Rated Preout Level and Impedance||2 V/1 kΩ (All channels and Subwoofer)|
|Maximum Preout Level and Impedance||5.2 VRMS, 7.1 VRMS|
|Rated Headphone Jack Output Level and Impedance||32 Ω - 600 Ω|
|S/N Ratio (Line, IHF-A)||110 dB||105 dB (20 kHz LPF, 500 mV)|
|S/N Ratio (digital)||96 dB (20 kHz LPF)|
|Frequency Response (Analog In)||20 Hz - 30 kHz +/-0.2 dB||10 Hz - 100 kHz/±3 dB|
|DSD Sampling Rates via HDMI||2.8 MHz|
|Video Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance||1 Vp-p/75 Ω (Component Y)|
0.7 Vp-p/75 Ω (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
1 Vp-p/75 Ω (Composite)
|FM Frequency||87.5 MHz - 108.0 MHz|
|AM Frequency||530 kHz - 1710 kHz|
* - 480i/576i and 480p/576p only
** - 480i/576i only
*** - no 1080p/24 upconversion
**** - 1080p signal is not converted